tisdag 24 december 2013

Christmas morning

For us in Sweden Christmas is Christmas Eve, especially if you are a child. That is the evening when Santa comes with his gifts. He doesn´t put them in stockings or anything but hands them out in person. That is also the day when family and friends gather to have a Christmas buffé consisting pickled herring of all kinds, gravlax, smoked salmon, meatballs, different sausages, patés and The Christmas Ham, not turkey.
Christmas buffé

Christmas Ham

I always eat rice porridge with cinnamon and milk and a ham sandwich on Christmas morning. That is my favourite time of Christmas. The house is clean (sort of) and the food for the buffé is done.

I also like Christmas Day because then the hustle and bustle is over and you get to enjoy the peace and quiet. The fridge is full of all sorts of goodies and maybe you got a new book for Christmas to read. Tomorrow I will hang with Pontus, the horse, in the morning. Maybe we will take a walk together if the weather isn´t as bad as today. In that case I will ride indoors.

This evening all my children are coming to eat and talk. Maybe Santa is coming but he might be to busy visiting younger children.

 I am going out in this lousy weather to buy some last minutes things like fresh bread.

Have a wonderful Christmas to all of you and I particularly think of one person who is spending Christmas alone. Take Care.Love You

Åse

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar