torsdag 11 juli 2013

work in the stable and trying the food

Yesterday was fairly busy. First I went to Gothenburg to see a doctor. Then i picked up the meat I ordered for my party on Saturday. I bought dog food in the horse and hound shop. Quick lunch and then a walk with the dogs in the woods.

Lasse came home from Karlstad had a quick lunch and then we headed for the stable. We were going to clear out Pontus`s box from the old straw pellets. This is something you do once a year. Of course you tidy it every day but the big clean out is once a year. Heavy to say the least. Then we cleaned the place out using a pressure washer. It took a while but now it looks bright and clean.

We took a trip up to the summer pasture where the horses are grazing, having a holiday almost. I whistle at Pontus and his face when he saw me. We haven´t seen each other for almost a month. Then he came walking, happily, towards me. That was a surprise. Normally he turns his rear towards me kind of demonstrating that he doesn´t want to come.

In the evening we cooked the meat we´re going to serve on Saturday. Not the actual meat but the recipe of course. The meat was delicious but looked very ugly since it was so tender it fell apart. We are still serving it but will see if we can do some alterations to make it stay together more.

Busy day today as well. Picking up veggies, do the big shopping, a person who is going to look at our destroyed wooden floor is coming, cleaning outside and inside and more and more.

But the sun is shining and I am still very happy and excited about my farm in Portugal. Want to move now!!!!

Åse

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar