torsdag 1 augusti 2013

August-school and cray fish

A new month. This is back to school month. The teachers start a week before the students so we can plan as much as possible and also there will probably be some lectures as well.

This is not something I look forward to but it will be nice to meet "my" students again. I can feel the tension already. It is something special about a new academic year. And when you look at your students and see how much they grown over the summer and still they look so sht about meeting each other again.

This is also the month of celebrating the crayfish. On the west coast of Sweden this means crayfish from the ocean and in other parts the crayfish come from rivers or sweet water. I just loves the ones from the ocean since I am a gal from Gothenburg.

sweet water
from the ocean
When we move to Portugal I will have to give them up. It will be very hard but maybe I can switch them into percebus (not sure about the spelling there). They grow on cliffs and rocks and looks like small penises when you open them up. When we went a sea food restaurant in Ericeira the waiter showed me how to eat them. I had one! Not because they tasted bad but because they just looked nasty. The taste was similar to cray fish.
percebus
This month also means a stop to lazy mornings and reading in the middle of the day. No more sitting up half night because it is such a wonderful night. It means it is getting darker each day and I really hate that. I love the light in the summers.

But there still some days left before I have to get back to work, some days with late mornings and sitting up late, some reading in the day and sitting up the whole night.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar