torsdag 13 mars 2014

4.23 am

Woke up really early this morning, well I usually do. I normally wake up to go to the bathroom in what it seems in the middle of the night. This morning was, as mentioned, no exception.

I was so warm so I went out on the balcony to cool off and couldn´t help noticing the bird singing from the top of our big birch. It was my favourite bird, the blackbird. The bird who sings so incredibly beautiful and reminds me of my childhood´s summer.

I looked at the clock on the stove only to see it was 4.23 a.m. Why on earth was the blackbird up this early singing?



I sat there in the dark and listened to the beautiful song and then I noticed another blackbird singing somewhere further down. And another one, and another one. it seemed like they were reacting to each others singing and answered each other.
It reminded me when I was in portugal in October and had gone up to go to the bathroom really early in the morning. I was warm then as well and had gone out to cool off. At that time it wasn´t a blackbird I heard but a rooster somewhere distant, and another one and another one. It was like a chain reaction and finally it was the rooster on our farm who sort of coughed and started.

I came to think who is starting. Do the blackbirds and the roosters have some kind of agreement and taking turns. Or is it the rooster/blackbird who is highest in rank who starts? What if one is sleeping late, maybe had a bad night. What happens then? And why are they up so early? Are they too, warm and need to go to the bathroom? Yes it might be just as simple as that.

Åse


https://www.facebook.com/farmholidayssilvercoast


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar